food banner

food banner

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Healthy roast veg with bulgar wheat and herb dressing

Lately I've been eating too much nice food and not doing enough exercise, which inevitably piles on the pounds! In the battle of the bulge there are all kinds of faddy diets, but for me I follow a simple plan: cut out the treats, bread and cheese, and fill up on lots of fresh fruit and veg.

The important thing is to keep yourself full, eat an orange, apple or pear when you're tempted to a snack. Another underestimated tip is try to make your dinners attractive, so they're tempting and you don't feel you're depriving yourself. I thought I'd post this simple mid-week dinner since it looked pretty!


No recipe really, I just chopped up a load of whatever veg I had handy: peppers, courgettes, onions, carrots, celery. Toss in a teaspoon of oil and bake for 30 mins at 200C. I then threw in a handful of frozen green beans and a couple of Quorn fillets for another 20 minutes.

To go with it, half a cup of bulgar wheat left to steep in a cup of boiling water and a tsp of vegetable stock.

Lastly, I whizzed up a load of fresh mint and thyme from my pots with the juice of a lemon, then drizzled over everything generously.

No comments:

Post a Comment