food banner

food banner

Friday 20 June 2014

Ruby Grapefruit Marmalade

Just showing off my Ruby Grapefruit Marmalade! I love hot buttered toast and marmalade in the morning, and the fragrant tang of grapefruit is just perfect. Using red, pink or ruby grapefruit gives it a lovely colour too.

But marmalade isn't just for toast - it's great as a glaze on duck and ham (see, I can do meat suggestions!), in a marmalade sponge cake, or as a glaze on top of a rich fruit cake. It's also tasty with a sharp cheese!

Cook it just like my plum jam recipe, equal amounts of sliced fruit and sugar but I add the juice of a lemon but to make it sharper. I love a chunky marmalade, but if you don't like "bits", whizz up the cooked fruit with a hand blender before adding the sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment